GNOCCHI WITH SAGE, BUTTER, AND PARMESAN RECIPE | BON APPÉTIT
Provided by: Jenny Rosenstrach and Andy Ward
Yield: 4 Servings
|2½ pounds russet potatoes (about 4 large), scrubbed|
|1¼ cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting|
|2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more|
|1 egg, beaten to blend|
|4 tablespoons (½ stick) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces, room temperature|
|2 ounces Parmesan, finely grated, plus more for serving|
|24 sage leaves|
|Freshly ground black pepper|
- Cook potatoes in a large pot of boiling water over medium-high heat until tender when pierced with the tip of a knife, 40–45 minutes; drain. As soon as potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel and pass through a potato ricer into a large bowl (if left to cool before ricing, potatoes will become gummy). Let cool.
- Sprinkle 1¼ cups flour and 2 tsp. salt over potatoes and, using your hands, make a well in the center. Pour egg into the well and stir in with a wooden spoon. Turn out dough onto a floured surface and gently knead, dusting with more flour as needed, until smooth but not elastic (be careful not to overwork), about 2 minutes. Divide dough into 8 pieces. Roll each piece into a 24″-long rope about ½” thick. Cut into ½” pieces, dust with flour, and arrange in a single layer on a lightly floured rimmed baking sheet.
- Toss butter, Parmesan, and sage in a large bowl. Working in batches, cook gnocchi in large pot of boiling salted water until they float to the surface, about 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, gently place on top of butter mixture as you go. Once all gnocchi are cooked, add ½ cup cooking liquid and gently toss everything together, adding more cooking liquid as needed, until butter and cheese are melted and a creamy sauce forms.
- Serve gnocchi topped with pepper and more Parmesan.
GNOCCHI WITH SAGE-BUTTER SAUCE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Gina Izzy Shores
Categories: Italian Recipes
Total time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
|2 (12 ounce) packages potato gnocchi|
|¼ cup butter|
|1 clove garlic, minced|
|1 teaspoon dried sage|
|¼ teaspoon salt|
|¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese|
|¼ teaspoon ground black pepper|
|2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese|
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat. Add gnocchi pasta and cook until they float to the surface, 2 to 3 minutes; drain.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in garlic and cook until softened and golden brown, about 4 minutes. Stir in sage and salt. Add cooked gnocchi, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, and pepper; toss gently to combine.
- Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese to serve.
Calories 768.2 calories, CarbohydrateContent 61.6 g, CholesterolContent 140.2 mg, FatContent 51.8 g, FiberContent 3.5 g, ProteinContent 15.7 g, SaturatedFatContent 32.1 g, SodiumContent 977.4 mg, SugarContent 0.2 g
GNOCCHI WITH SAGE AND BROWN BUTTER RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
Provided by: Martha Stewart
Categories: Pasta and Grains
|8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter|
|16 sage leaves|
|Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing|
|1 tablespoon coarse salt, plus more for seasoning|
|Basic Potato Gnocchi|
|Freshly ground pepper|
- Heat butter in a large heavy-bottom skillet over medium-high heat until foam subsides and butter begins to brown. Add sage; cook, stirring, until leaves are crisp and butter is golden brown. Transfer sage leaves to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain. Reserve brown butter in skillet with heat off.
- Lightly brush a rimmed baking sheet with oil; set aside. Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add the salt. Add half the gnocchi; when they rise to the top (after about 2 minutes), continue to cook until tender, about 15 seconds more. Transfer gnocchi with a slotted spoon to oiled baking sheet. Repeat process with remaining gnocchi.
- Reheat reserved brown butter over medium heat. Add gnocchi; cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through. Season with salt and pepper. Add reserved sage leaves, and gently toss.
How do you cook Sage gnocchi with butter?
This 10 Minute Brown Butter Sage Gnocchi is life changing!! It’s crisped in a pan with simple brown butter, a touch of fresh sage and of course a sprinkle of nutty parmesan cheese! Heat a saute pan over medium heat with all of the butter in it.
How to cook ricotta gnocchi?
Cook the ricotta gnocchi according to recipe instructions. Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Once the butter has nearly melted, add in the sage leaves and crushed red pepper flakes. Continue to cook for 2-3 minutes until the butter has turned a light brown color and the sage leaves are crispy.
How do you make gnocchi pasta sauce?
This simple, classic sauce pairs well with gnocchi, ravioli, tortellini, or really any pasta. Make the brown butter. Cut 8 tablespoons unsalted butter into 8 pieces. Place in a medium light-colored frying pan over medium heat. Swirl the pan occasionally to be sure the butter is cooking evenly.
Do you cook gnocchi before or after butter?
The gnocchi should form a single layer in the skillet. (If the butter is melted before the gnocchi cook, take it off the heat; if the gnocchi cook before the butter is fully melted, it’s fine to add the gnocchi.)