GARLIC SAUTEED SPINACH RECIPE | INA GARTEN | FOOD NETWORK
Provided by: Ina Garten Bio & Top Recipes
Total time: 10 minutes
Prep time: 6 minutes
Cook time: 4 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
|1 1/2 pounds baby spinach leaves|
|2 tablespoons good olive oil|
|2 tablespoons chopped garlic (6 cloves)|
|2 teaspoons kosher salt|
|3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper|
|1 tablespoon unsalted butter|
|Sea or kosher salt, optional|
- Rinse the spinach well in cold water to make sure it’s very clean. Spin it dry in a salad spinner, leaving just a little water clinging to the leaves.
- In a very large pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil and saute the garlic over medium heat for about 1 minute, but not until it’s browned. Add all the spinach, the salt, and pepper to the pot, toss it with the garlic and oil, cover the pot, and cook it for 2 minutes. Uncover the pot, turn the heat on high, and cook the spinach for another minute, stirring with a wooden spoon, until all the spinach is wilted. Using a slotted spoon, lift the spinach to a serving bowl and top with the butter, a squeeze of lemon, and a sprinkling of sea or kosher salt. Serve hot.
Calories 109 calorie, FatContent 6 grams, SaturatedFatContent 2 grams, CholesterolContent 5 milligrams, SodiumContent 821 milligrams, CarbohydrateContent 13 grams, FiberContent 5.5 grams, ProteinContent 3 grams, SugarContent 0 grams
FERMENTED GARLIC SCAPES PASTE RECIPE | RÉVOLUTION FERMENTATION
Provided by: Véronique Boyer
Prep time: 20 minutes
|450 g garlic flowers|
|10 g salt|
|1-2 slices of lemon without the peel ((optional))|
- Remove the stems (too fibrous) and the flower buds from the garlic scapes.
- Put all the ingredients in the food processor.
- Chop until you obtain a pesto texture.
- Let it stand for a few minutes so that the crushed garlic scapes release some of their water.
- Pour the paste into the glass jar. Using a spoon, small spatula, or pestle, crush the paste gradually to avoid air bubbles.
- If necessary, add some water so that the paste is covered with liquid.
- Let it ferment for 10 days with the lid closed.