COPYCAT SHAKE SHACK VANILLA FROZEN CUSTARD RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 1 hours 20 minutes
Prep time: 1 hours
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 1 quart, 4 serving(s)
|5 egg yolks|
|1/2 cup granulated sugar|
|1 1/2 cups heavy cream|
|1 1/2 cups whole milk|
|1/8 teaspoon fine salt|
|2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract|
- Prepare a medium bowl, set over an ice bath. Have a fine mesh sieve nearby.
- In a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan, off the heat combine the egg yolks and sugar and whisk until smooth. Whisk in the cream and milk. Cook stirring frequently over medium heat, until the custard reaches a temperature of 170 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer.
- Strain the custard into the prepared ice- bath. Stir in the salt and vanilla.
- Stir the custard frequently until it is no longer hot. Refrigerate custard until cold.
- Churn the custard mixture in an ice cream maker following the manufacturer’s instructions, until it is the texture of soft serve. Transfer the custard to a freezer-proof container, cover. Freeze until firm enough to scoop, at least two hours.
Calories 528.1, FatContent 41.1, SaturatedFatContent 24.1, CholesterolContent 338.9, SodiumContent 155.6, CarbohydrateContent 32.8, FiberContent 0, SugarContent 30, ProteinContent 7.8
SHAKE SHACK VANILLA MILKSHAKE RECIPE & INGREDIENTS
Provided by: Todd Wilbur
Total time: 5 minutes0S
Prep time: 2 minutes0S
Cook time: 2 minutes0S
|1 1/2 cups Shake Shack Frozen Vanilla Custard clone (link above),|
|or other frozen vanilla custard|
|1/2 cup cold whole milk|
|Canned whipped cream|
How do you make frozen custard ice cream?
Directions. Press waxed paper onto surface of custard. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. When ice cream is frozen, transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving.
How does Shake Shack keep their custard from going bad?
At Shake Shack, the continuous freezer can run for hours, sucking in liquid base and turning it into fresh custard all day long. With high customer demand, the custard is eaten right away, and it never gets a chance to firm up into hard ice cream.
Can frozen custard be made with whole milk?
Frozen custard must contain more than 10% butterfat and more than 1.5% egg. This cannot be achieved with whole milk with only 3% butterfat content without adding cream. Further, frozen custard is not made in an ice cream churn as this would introduce too much air into the mix.
How do you make custard cool quickly?
Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes. Stir in condensed milk and vanilla. Press waxed paper onto surface of custard. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.