BAKED CHEDDAR EGGS & POTATOES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings.
|3 tablespoons butter|
|1-1/2 pounds red potatoes, chopped|
|1/4 cup minced fresh parsley|
|2 garlic cloves, minced|
|3/4 teaspoon kosher salt|
|1/8 teaspoon pepper|
|8 large eggs|
|1/2 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese|
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a 10-in. cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add potatoes; cook and stir until golden brown and tender. Stir in parsley, garlic, salt and pepper. With the back of a spoon, make 4 wells in the potato mixture; break 2 eggs into each well., Bake until egg whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, 9-11 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake until cheese is melted, about 1 minute.
Calories 395 calories, FatContent 23g fat (12g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 461mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 651mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 29g carbohydrate (3g sugars, FiberContent 3g fiber), ProteinContent 19g protein.
SPICY POTATOES AND SCRAMBLED EGGS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Anju
Categories: Breakfast Potatoes
Total time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 3 to 4 servings
|2 potatoes, scrubbed|
|4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided|
|salt and pepper to taste|
|½ teaspoon ground cumin|
|½ teaspoon ground coriander|
|½ teaspoon turmeric powder|
|½ teaspoon chili powder|
|½ teaspoon salt|
- Poke potatoes with a fork so that their skins are pierced. Microwave potatoes on high until cooked inside. When potatoes are fully cooked, peel potatoes and cut potatoes to 1/8 size or to your liking. Set potatoes aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil to skillet and scramble 3 eggs. Add salt and pepper to taste. Keep warm until potatoes are ready.
- In another skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil until hot. Then add salt, cumin, coriander and turmeric powder. Put in chili powder if you want it really spicy. Add potatoes and cook until potatoes are crispy and brown. Spicy potatoes and scrambled eggs are now ready to serve!
Calories 209.3 calories, CarbohydrateContent 8.2 g, CholesterolContent 139.5 mg, FatContent 17.5 g, FiberContent 1.5 g, ProteinContent 5.5 g, SaturatedFatContent 3.3 g, SodiumContent 350.5 mg, SugarContent 0.6 g
HUEVOS ROTOS (BROKEN EGGS) RECIPE – NYT COOKING
Provided by: Ali Slagle
Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more as needed|
|2 teaspoons smoked paprika|
|1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes or 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne|
|Kosher salt and black pepper|
|2 pounds new potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces if necessary|
|1 medium onion, finely chopped|
|4 garlic cloves, finely chopped|
|Lemon wedges, for serving|
|Flaky sea salt, for serving|
- In a measuring cup, combine the olive oil, paprika, red-pepper flakes, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, a generous grind of pepper and 1 cup water. Put the potatoes in a large skillet and pour the olive oil mixture over them. Bring to a boil, then cover and cook on high until the potatoes are fork-tender, 6 to 9 minutes.
- Uncover and turn the heat to low. If the potatoes are sticking or dry, add more olive oil. Arrange the potatoes in an even layer, cut side down if halved, then add the onion and garlic surrounding the potatoes. Cover and cook until the potatoes are golden-brown and the onions are softened, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Stir the potatoes (if they’re sticking, add more oil). Make 4 nests in the potatoes and crack an egg into each. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook until the whites are set and the yolks are still runny, 4 to 6 minutes.
- To serve, break the yolks gently with a serving spoon, then scoop some potatoes and an egg onto plates or into shallow bowls. Serve with a squeeze of lemon and flaky salt.
@context http//schema.org, Calories 417, UnsaturatedFatContent 18 grams, CarbohydrateContent 45 grams, FatContent 23 grams, FiberContent 6 grams, ProteinContent 11 grams, SaturatedFatContent 4 grams, SodiumContent 745 milligrams, SugarContent 3 grams, TransFatContent 0 grams