MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN WITH EGGPLANT RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: thepamperedchefny
Categories: Healthy Chicken Breasts
Total time: 1 hours 20 minutes
Prep time: 50 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
|3 eggplants, peeled and cut lengthwise into 1/2 inch thick slices|
|3 tablespoons olive oil|
|6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – diced|
|1 onion, diced|
|2 tablespoons tomato paste|
|½ cup water|
|2 teaspoons dried oregano|
|salt and pepper to taste|
- Place eggplant strips in a big pot of lightly salted water and soak for 30 minutes (this will improve the taste; they will leave a brown color in the pot).
- Remove eggplant from pot and brush lightly with olive oil. Saute or grill until lightly browned and place in a 9×13 inch baking dish. Set aside.
- Saute diced chicken and onion in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in tomato paste and water, cover skillet, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Pour chicken/tomato mixture over eggplant. Season with oregano, salt and pepper and cover with aluminum foil. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
Calories 335.6 calories, CarbohydrateContent 26.6 g, CholesterolContent 82.1 mg, FatContent 10.6 g, FiberContent 7.4 g, ProteinContent 35.5 g, SaturatedFatContent 1.7 g, SodiumContent 146.8 mg, SugarContent 10.2 g
EGGPLANT CHICKEN CASSEROLE RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 1 hours 10 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours
Yield: 4-6 serving(s)
|3 cups cubed eggplants|
|1 small onion, chopped|
|6 ounces cheddar cheese, grated|
|2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce with basil garlic and oregano|
|1 cup cooked chicken, cut up|
|2 eggs, beaten|
|pepper, to taste|
|parmesan cheese, for top|
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Spray it with vegetable cooking spray and immediately add eggplant and onion. Cook and stir until onion is soft.
- Place in a large bowl and add all other ingredients except parmesan cheese. Mix well.
- Pour into a casserole dish that has been sprayed with vegetable spray.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour.
Calories 288.7, FatContent 19, SaturatedFatContent 10.4, CholesterolContent 176.7, SodiumContent 327.1, CarbohydrateContent 6, FiberContent 2.3, SugarContent 2.6, ProteinContent 23.3