CRACKER BARREL OLD COUNTRY STORE BISCUITS RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 23 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
Yield: 10 biscuits
|2 1/4 cups Bisquick|
|2/3 cup buttermilk|
|1 teaspoon sugar|
|1 tablespoon butter, melted|
|melted butter, for brushing|
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Mix the Bisquick, buttermilk and sugar together in a bowl.
- Add the melted butter into the batter.
- Stir until a soft dough forms.
- Turn out onto a well floured work surface.
- Knead 20 times (this is a very forgiving dough), and don’t be afraid to get additional flour into the dough.
- Roll 1/2 thick, or thicker if you prefer towering biscuits.
- Cut out into 2" rounds (or your preferred size).
- Place close together on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Brush tops with melted butter.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes; I usually find 8 minutes is enough.
- When you remove the biscuits from the oven, brush the tops with melted butter again.
Calories 141.6, FatContent 5.7, SaturatedFatContent 2, CholesterolContent 4.3, SodiumContent 318.8, CarbohydrateContent 19.4, FiberContent 0.6, SugarContent 4.6, ProteinContent 2.9