SHRIMP & CRAB CASSEROLE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 01 hours 05 minutes
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Yield: 8 servings.
|2 packages (8.8 ounces each) ready-to-serve long grain and wild rice|
|1/4 cup butter, cubed|
|2 celery ribs, chopped|
|1 medium onion, chopped|
|3 tablespoons all-purpose flour|
|1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream|
|1 teaspoon seafood seasoning|
|3/4 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce|
|1/4 teaspoon pepper|
|1-1/2 pounds uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined|
|2 cans (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained|
|1 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese|
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spread rice into a greased 13×9-in. baking dish. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add celery and onion; cook and stir until tender, 6-8 minutes. Stir in flour until blended; gradually whisk in cream. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes., Stir in seafood seasoning, salt, pepper sauce and pepper. Fold in shrimp and crab. Spoon over rice. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, covered, until shrimp turn pink, 40-45 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes.
To Make Ahead: Can be made a day in advance. Prepare recipe as directed, cooling sauce slightly before adding shrimp and crab. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake as directed.
Calories 376 calories, FatContent 17g fat (10g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 195mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 1127mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 24g carbohydrate (3g sugars, FiberContent 1g fiber), ProteinContent 29g protein.
SHRIMP AND CRAB MEAT WITH RICE RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Yield: 8 serving(s)
|2 onions, chopped|
|2 stalks celery, chopped|
|1 teaspoon olive oil|
|1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic|
|2 1/2 cups chicken broth|
|1/4 cup flour|
|3 tablespoons lemon juice|
|1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)|
|2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce|
|1 1/2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|1 1/2 lbs lump crabmeat|
|1/4 cup green onion, chopped|
|1/4 cup fresh parsley or 1 1/2 tablespoons dried parsley|
|3 cups cooked basmati rice or 3 cups brown rice|
- In a large stockpot, sauté onions and celery in olive oil until softened, about 10 minutes, stir in garlic granules.
- Combine chicken broth and flour and stir until smooth. Add to celery mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until thickened, about 30 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, cayenne and Tabasco sauce. Add shrimp and cook about 5 minutes.
- Add crabmeat, green onions and parsley and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
Calories 278.3, FatContent 3.2, SaturatedFatContent 0.5, CholesterolContent 171.7, SodiumContent 1054.7, CarbohydrateContent 25.2, FiberContent 1.1, SugarContent 1.9, ProteinContent 34.6
KING CRAB AND SHRIMP BOIL RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: kenzie02m
Categories: Seafood Stew
Total time: 55 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|6 quarts water, and more as needed|
|¼ cup seafood seasoning (such as Old Bay®), or to taste|
|1 pound small red potatoes|
|2 pounds king crab legs|
|2 cups chopped carrots|
|1 ½ cups chopped celery|
|12 pearl onions|
|1 pound spicy sausage links, cut into rounds|
|4 ears corn, husked|
|2 pounds unpeeled shrimp|
- Bring 6 quarts water to a boil in a large stewing pot; add seafood seasoning. Cook potatoes in the seasoned water for 15 minutes.
- Bring a separate pot of water to a boil; add seafood seasoning to taste. Cook crab legs until meat is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Mix carrots, celery, and onions into potatoes; cook until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Add sausage and corn and continue boiling for 5 minutes more. Add shrimp and transfer crab legs to same pot; cook until shrimp are cooked through and pink, 2 to 3 minutes.
Calories 982.7 calories, CarbohydrateContent 47.6 g, CholesterolContent 578.3 mg, FatContent 47.3 g, FiberContent 6.8 g, ProteinContent 90.6 g, SaturatedFatContent 13.8 g, SodiumContent 3649.5 mg, SugarContent 8.3 g
What is the best way to cook shrimp and crab?
Combine crab and shrimp with softened panko, celery, onion, pickle, lemon juice, dried dill (if using), black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Add just enough mayo to moisten. Adjust salt to taste.
How do you make crab salad with shrimp and Mayo?
Combine crab and shrimp with softened panko, celery, onion, pickle, lemon juice, dried dill (if using), black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Add just enough mayo to moisten. Adjust salt to taste. Chill salad for an hour or more to allow flavors to combine and develop before serving.
What is the best way to cook flake crab meat?
Chop shrimp coarsely (big pieces are ideal) and flake crabmeat into pieces about the same size as shrimp. Combine crab and shrimp with softened panko, celery, onion, pickle, lemon juice, dried dill (if using), black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Add just enough mayo to moisten.
Can you make crab stuffed shrimp ahead of time?
You can make it ahead; the shrimp can be stuffed up to a day ahead of time and then popped in the oven right before you are ready to serve it. You will need the following ingredients for the crab stuffing: fresh lump crab meat, butter, scallions, celery, bell pepper, mayonnaise, egg, sour cream, and round buttery crackers.