CHOCOLATE MOUSSE RECIPE – BETTYCROCKER.COM
Don’t be intimidated— ever heated milk on the stove? Then you’ll find the basic cooking principles for this chocolate mousse recipe to be very similar.
Pull this chocolate mousse recipe together with four simple ingredients: eggs, cream, sugar, and semisweet baking chocolate. The only trick is taking care when combining the ingredients — but the Betty Crocker Test Kitchens have made that part easy. idee menu light recettes.
Provided by: Betty Crocker Kitchens
Total time: 2 hours 20 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
|4 large egg yolks|
|1/4 cup sugar|
|2 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream|
|8 oz semisweet baking chocolate, chopped|
- Beat egg yolks in small bowl with electric mixer on high speed about 3 minutes or until thick and lemon colored. Gradually beat in sugar.
- Heat 1 cup whipping cream in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat until hot. Gradually stir at least half of the hot whipping cream into egg yolk mixture; stir back into hot cream in saucepan. Cook over low heat about 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens (do not boil). Stir in chocolate until melted. Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours, stirring occasionally, just until chilled.
- Beat 1 1/2 cups whipping cream in chilled medium bowl with electric mixer on high speed until stiff. Fold whipped cream into chocolate mixture. Pipe or spoon mixture into serving bowls. Refrigerate until serving.
Calories 430 , CarbohydrateContent 27 g, CholesterolContent 175 mg, FatContent 6 , FiberContent 2 g, ProteinContent 5 g, SaturatedFatContent 20 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, SodiumContent 30 mg, SugarContent 24 g, TransFatContent 1 g
MOUSSE AU CHOCOLAT RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Provided by: Marie Pierre Moine
Categories: Dessert, Dinner, Treat
Total time: 30 minutes
|200g bar best bitter dark chocolate (we used Green and Black’s Organic Dark Chocolate)|
|2 tbsp brandy|
|3 large free-range eggs , just the whites|
|50g golden caster sugar|
|100ml whipping cream|
|icing sugar , for dusting|
|crisp biscuits , such as langes-de-chat|
- Grate 50g/2oz of the chocolate and reserve. Break the rest into small, even-sized pieces and melt in a bowl placed over a pan of simmering water. Take the pan off the heat but keep the bowl over the hot water and stir in the brandy. Don’t worry if the mixture thickens – it will smooth out again later.
- Whisk the egg whites in a large bowl until they’re standing in stiff peaks. Spoon in half the sugar, whisk again, then add the rest of the sugar and whisk until it looks glossy like meringue. Whip the cream in a separate bowl. Take the melted chocolate off the pan and fold in a heaped metal serving spoon of meringue to loosen the consistency, then tip the chocolate into the meringue and fold in lightly but thoroughly. Now fold in the whipped cream, then twothirds of the grated chocolate.
- Spoon the chocolate mixture into six demitasse cups (or you could use espresso cups or small teacups) and chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours, or overnight if this is more convenient. Sprinkle with the remaining grated chocolate, then dust with icing sugar. Serve the cups on saucers with some crisp biscuits tucked alongside.
Calories 283 calories, FatContent 16 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 9 grams saturated fat, CarbohydrateContent 30 grams carbohydrates, SugarContent 30 grams sugar, FiberContent 1 grams fiber, ProteinContent 4 grams protein, SodiumContent 0.11 milligram of sodium