BACK-OF-THE-BOX HERSHEY’S CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: blancdeblanc
Categories: Chocolate Cake
Total time: 1 hours 0 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 1 (4-layer) 9-inch cake
|2 cups white sugar|
|1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour|
|¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder|
|1 ½ teaspoons baking soda|
|1 ½ teaspoons baking powder|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|2 large eggs|
|1 cup milk|
|½ cup vegetable oil|
|2 teaspoons vanilla extract|
|1 cup boiling water|
|¾ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature|
|5 ⅓ cups confectioners’ sugar|
|1 ½ cups unsweetened cocoa powder|
|⅔ cup milk|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
- Make cake: Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla; mix for 3 minutes with an electric mixer. Stir in boiling water by hand. Pour evenly into the prepared pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the centers comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to cool completely.
- While cakes cool, make frosting: Cream butter with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Stir in confectioners’ sugar and cocoa alternately with milk and vanilla. Beat to a smooth spreading consistency.
- Split the layers of the cooled cake horizontally, cover the top of each layer with frosting, then stack them onto a serving plate.
- Frost the outside of the cake with remaining frosting.
Calories 654.8 calories, CarbohydrateContent 111.1 g, CholesterolContent 64.2 mg, FatContent 24.6 g, FiberContent 5.8 g, ProteinContent 7.3 g, SaturatedFatContent 10.5 g, SodiumContent 524.3 mg, SugarContent 87.6 g
PERFECT KIR ROYALE RECIPE
Provided by: Adam and Joanne Gallagher
Total time: 5 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Yield: Makes 4 drinks
|3 to 4 tablespoons Crème de Cassis, Crème de Framboise or Chambord|
|1 (750 ml) bottle dry sparkling wine or Champagne, chilled|
|1/4 cup fresh raspberries, optional|
- Add 2 to 3 teaspoons Crème de Cassis to each flute. Drop in 3 to 4 raspberries. Fill each flute with sparkling wine. Serve immediately.
Calories 196, ProteinContent 0 g, CarbohydrateContent 11 g, FiberContent 0 g, SugarContent 7 g, FatContent 0 g, SaturatedFatContent 0 g, CholesterolContent 0 mg