BEST BEEF CHILLI RECIPE – HOW TO MAKE EASY HOMEMADE CHILLI
Provided by: DELISH.COM
Categories: autumn,feed a crowd,winter,dinner
Total time: 40 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 0S
|1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil|
|1/2 large white onion, chopped|
|3 cloves garlic, crushed|
|2 tbsp. tomato pureé|
|680 g beef mince|
|1 1/2 tbsp. chilli powder|
|1 tsp. ground cumin|
|1 tsp. dried oregano|
|1/2 tsp. paprika|
|1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)|
|Freshly ground black pepper|
|1 x 400g can kidney beans, drained|
|2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes|
|Thinly sliced spring onions|
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute more, then add tomato pureé, stirring to combine. Add beef mince and cook until no longer pink. Drain fat and return to heat.
- Add chilli powder, cumin, oregano, paprika, cayenne (if using), and season generously with salt and pepper. Pour in kidney beans and chopped tomatoes and bring chilli to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes. Season with more salt and pepper, if necessary.
- Ladle into bowls and top with cheddar, sour cream, and spring onions.
CHILLI CON CARNE RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Provided by: Good Food team
Categories: Dinner, Lunch
Total time: 1 hours 10 minutes
|1 large onion|
|1 red pepper|
|2 garlic cloves|
|1 tbsp oil|
|1 heaped tsp hot chilli powder (or 1 level tbsp if you only have mild)|
|1 tsp paprika|
|1 tsp ground cumin|
|500g lean minced beef|
|1 beef stock cube|
|400g can chopped tomatoes|
|½ tsp dried marjoram|
|1 tsp sugar (or add a thumbnail-sized piece of dark chocolate along with the beans instead, see tip)|
|2 tbsp tomato purée|
|410g can red kidney beans|
|plain boiled long grain rice, to serve|
|soured cream, to serve|
- Prepare your vegetables. Chop 1 large onion into small dice, about 5mm square. The easiest way to do this is to cut the onion in half from root to tip, peel it and slice each half into thick matchsticks lengthways, not quite cutting all the way to the root end so they are still held together. Slice across the matchsticks into neat dice.
- Cut 1 red pepper in half lengthways, remove stalk and wash the seeds away, then chop. Peel and finely chop 2 garlic cloves.
- Start cooking. Put your pan on the hob over a medium heat. Add 1 tbsp oil and leave it for 1-2 minutes until hot (a little longer for an electric hob).
- Add the onion and cook, stirring fairly frequently, for about 5 minutes, or until the onion is soft, squidgy and slightly translucent.
- Tip in the garlic, red pepper, 1 heaped tsp hot chilli powder or 1 level tbsp mild chilli powder, 1 tsp paprika and 1 tsp ground cumin.
- Give it a good stir, then leave it to cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Brown 500g lean minced beef. Turn the heat up a bit, add the meat to the pan and break it up with your spoon or spatula. The mix should sizzle a bit when you add the mince.
- Keep stirring and prodding for at least 5 minutes, until all the mince is in uniform, mince-sized lumps and there are no more pink bits. Make sure you keep the heat hot enough for the meat to fry and become brown, rather than just stew.
- Make the sauce. Crumble 1 beef stock cube into 300ml hot water. Pour this into the pan with the mince mixture.
- Add a 400g can of chopped tomatoes. Tip in ½ tsp dried marjoram, 1 tsp sugar and add a good shake of salt and pepper. Squirt in about 2 tbsp tomato purée and stir the sauce well.
- Simmer it gently. Bring the whole thing to the boil, give it a good stir and put a lid on the pan. Turn down the heat until it is gently bubbling and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Check on the pan occasionally to stir it and make sure the sauce doesn’t catch on the bottom of the pan or isn’t drying out. If it is, add a couple of tablespoons of water and make sure that the heat really is low enough. After simmering gently, the saucy mince mixture should look thick, moist and juicy.
- Drain and rinse a 410g can of red kidney beans in a sieve and stir them into the chilli pot. Bring to the boil again, and gently bubble without the lid for another 10 minutes, adding a little more water if it looks too dry.
- Taste a bit of the chilli and season. It will probably take a lot more seasoning than you think.
- Now replace the lid, turn off the heat and leave your chilli to stand for 10 minutes before serving. This is really important as it allows the flavours to mingle.
- Serve with soured cream and plain boiled long grain rice.
Calories 387 calories, FatContent 17 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 6 grams saturated fat, CarbohydrateContent 25 grams carbohydrates, SugarContent 1 grams sugar, FiberContent 6 grams fiber, ProteinContent 36 grams protein, SodiumContent 2.32 milligram of sodium
VEGAN CHILLI RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Provided by: Barney Desmazery
Categories: Dinner, Lunch, Main course, Supper
Total time: 1 hours
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
|3 tbsp olive oil|
|2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into medium chunks|
|2 tsp smoked paprika|
|2 tsp ground cumin|
|1 onion, chopped|
|2 carrots, chopped|
|2 celery sticks, chopped|
|2 garlic cloves, crushed|
|1-2 tsp chilli powder (depending on how hot you like it)|
|1 tsp dried oregano|
|1 tbsp tomato purée|
|1 red pepper, cut into chunks|
|2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes|
|400g can black beans, drained|
|400g can kidney beans, drained|
|lime wedges, guacamole, rice and coriander to serve|
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put the sweet potato in a roasting tin and drizzle over 1½ tbsp oil, 1 tsp smoked paprika and 1 tsp ground cumin. Give everything a good mix so that all the chunks are coated in spices, season with salt and pepper, then roast for 25 mins until cooked.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion, carrot and celery. Cook for 8-10 mins, stirring occasionally until soft, then crush in the garlic and cook for 1 min more. Add the remaining dried spices and tomato purée. Give everything a good mix and cook for 1 min more.
- Add the red pepper, chopped tomatoes and 200ml water. Bring the chilli to a boil, then simmer for 20 mins. Tip in the beans and cook for another 10 mins before adding the sweet potato. Season to taste then serve with lime wedges, guacamole, rice and coriander. Will keep, in an airtight container in the freezer, for up to three months. To make in a slow cooker Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion, carrot and celery. Cook for 8-10 mins, stirring occasionally until soft, then crush in the garlic, tip in the sweet potato chunks and cook for 1 min more. Add all the dried spices, oregano and tomato purée, cook for 1 min, then tip into a slow cooker. Add the red pepper and chopped tomatoes. Give everything a good stir then cook on low for 5 hrs. Stir in the beans and cook for another 30 mins to 1 hr. Season to taste and serve with lime wedges, guacamole, rice and coriander.
Calories 367 calories, FatContent 10 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 2 grams saturated fat, CarbohydrateContent 48 grams carbohydrates, SugarContent 22 grams sugar, FiberContent 17 grams fiber, ProteinContent 12 grams protein, SodiumContent 0.6 milligram of sodium
SIMPLE, PERFECT CHILI RECIPE | REE DRUMMOND | FOOD NETWORK
Provided by: Ree Drummond Bio & Top Recipes
Total time: 1 hours 40 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
|2 pounds ground beef|
|2 cloves garlic, chopped|
|One 8-ounce can tomato sauce|
|2 tablespoons chili powder|
|1 teaspoon ground cumin|
|1 teaspoon ground oregano|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|1/4 cup masa harina|
|One 15-ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed|
|One 15-ounce can pinto beans, drained and rinsed|
|Shredded Cheddar, for serving|
|Chopped onions, for serving|
|Tortilla chips, for serving|
|Lime wedges, for serving|
- Place the ground beef in a large pot and throw in the garlic. Cook over medium heat until browned. Drain off the excess fat, and then pour in the tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt and cayenne. Stir together well, cover, and then reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. If the mixture becomes overly dry, add 1/2 cup water at a time as needed.
- After an hour, place the masa harina in a small bowl. Add 1/2 cup water and stir together with a fork. Dump the masa mixture into the chili. Stir together well, and then taste and adjust the seasonings. Add more masa paste and/or water to get the chili to your preferred consistency, or to add more corn flavor. Add the beans and simmer for 10 minutes. Serve with shredded Cheddar, chopped onions, tortilla chips and lime wedges.
VERSATILE VEGGIE CHILLI | JAMIE OLIVER CHILLI RECIPES
Provided by: Jamie Oliver
Total time: 1 hours
|500 g sweet potatoes|
|1 level teaspoon cayenne pepper plus extra for sprinkling|
|1 heaped teaspoon ground cumin plus extra for sprinkling|
|1 level teaspoon ground cinnamon plus extra for sprinkling|
|2 mixed-colour peppers|
|2 cloves of garlic|
|1 bunch of fresh coriander (30g)|
|2 fresh mixed-colour chillies|
|2 x 400 g tins of beans, such as kidney, chickpea, pinto, cannellini|
|2 x 400 g tins of quality plum tomatoes|
|lime or lemon juice, or vinegar to taste|
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/400˚F/gas 6.
- Peel and chop the sweet potatoes into bite-sized chunks, then place onto a baking tray.
- Sprinkle with a pinch each of cayenne, cumin, cinnamon, sea salt and black pepper, drizzle with oil then toss to coat. Roast for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until golden and tender.
- Peel and roughly chop the onion. Halve, deseed and roughly chop the peppers, then peel and finely slice the garlic.
- Pick the coriander leaves, finely chopping the stalks. Deseed and finely chop the chillies.
- Meanwhile, put 2 tablespoons of oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat, then add the onion, peppers and garlic, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the coriander stalks, chillies and spices, and cook for a further 5 to 10 minutes, or until softened and starting to caramelise, stirring occasionally.
- Add the beans, juice and all. Tip in the tomatoes, breaking them up with the back of a spoon, then stir well.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and leave to tick away for 25 to 30 minutes, or until thickened and reduced – keep an eye on it, and add a splash of water to loosen, if needed.
- Stir the roasted sweet potato through the chilli with most of the coriander leaves, then taste and adjust the seasoning, if needed.
- Finish with a squeeze of lime or lemon juice or a swig of vinegar, to taste, then scatter over the remaining coriander. Delicious served with yoghurt or soured cream, guacamole and rice, or tortilla chips.
Calories 369 calories, FatContent 10.1 g fat, SaturatedFatContent 1.6 g saturated fat, ProteinContent 21.5 g protein, CarbohydrateContent 58.3 g carbohydrate, SugarContent 14.4 g sugar, SodiumContent 0.9 g salt, FiberContent 12.9 g fibre
EASY HOMEMADE CHILI RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Tobi Hargis
Categories: Beef Chili
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
|1 pound ground beef|
|1 onion, chopped|
|1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes|
|1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce|
|1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans|
|1 ½ cups water|
|1 pinch chili powder|
|1 pinch garlic powder|
|salt and pepper to taste|
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the beef and onion and saute until meat is browned and onion is tender. Add the stewed tomatoes with juice, tomato sauce, beans and water.
- Season with the chili powder, garlic powder, salt and ground black pepper to taste. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and let simmer for 15 minutes.
Calories 394.2 calories, CarbohydrateContent 48.8 g, CholesterolContent 45.9 mg, FatContent 9.2 g, FiberContent 17.9 g, ProteinContent 30.6 g, SaturatedFatContent 3.5 g, SodiumContent 525.6 mg, SugarContent 4.4 g
What is the best way to cook chili?
Serve over cornbread or with crackers. Add jalapeno peppers for more heat. This is a good, standard chili, with lots of ground beef, tomatoes, kidney and pinto beans, and onions. It needs to simmer for 90 minutes on the stove, or can be made in a slow cooker and left to simmer all day.
How to make homemade chili with tomatoes?
Add the stewed tomatoes with juice, tomato sauce, beans and water. Season with the chili powder, garlic powder, salt and ground black pepper to taste. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and let simmer for 15 minutes. This homemade chili is hearty and meaty, and is very quick to make.
What do you serve with chili?
“Turn up the heat by using hot salsa and jalapeños. Serve with tortilla chips.” In this recipe, chili is stirred in with pasta, chili, corn, and green bell pepper to make an easy weeknight dinner. “Great served with a simple salad or bread and butter,” says recipe creator PRAISELDR.
How to make spicy chili with beer?
Add the stewed tomatoes with juice, tomato sauce, beans and water. Season with the chili powder, garlic powder, salt and ground black pepper to taste. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and let simmer for 15 minutes. Super spicy-good chili made with real beer! Try this easy, hot, and spicy chili recipe.