LEFTOVER CHILI BREAKFAST BURRITOS | JUST A PINCH RECIPES
Provided by: Laurie Roberts @Luv2TryNew
Categories: Other Breakfast
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
|2-3 cup(s) leftover chili (homemade, any recipe)|
|2-4 – flour tortillas|
|5-6 – eggs|
|1 1/2 cup(s) cheddar cheese, shredded (medium or sharp)|
|– sour cream|
|– tomatoes (optional)|
|– green onions, chopped (optional)|
- Scramble up some eggs, mix with a little water or milk to make them fluffy. Or, just scramble them and season with salt and pepper.
- In a saucepan or microwave, heat your leftover chili.
- Zap the flour tortillas in the microwave for about 20 seconds to make them soft.
- Place a tortilla on a microwave-safe plate. Spoon some chili onto the middle of the tortilla being careful to leave enough tortilla edge to fold up into your burrito. (I would suggest using a slotted spoon. You don’t want too much soupiness or it will soak right through the tortilla and make it doughy and fall apart.)
- Layer some scrambled eggs on top of the chili. Then top with shredded cheese. Dollop with sour cream.
- Roll up into burrito.
- Put into microwave for about 30 seconds or long enough to melt the cheese.
LEFTOVER CHILI BAKED EGGS – THE DINNER SHIFT
Provided by: THEDINNERSHIFT.COM
BREAKFAST CHILI CHILAQUILES | COUPON CLIPPING COOK®
Provided by: [email protected]
Total time: 60 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
|5 corn tortillas, cut into triangular shaped quarters|
|1/2 cup canola oil|
|2 tablespoons milk|
|1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper|
|1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper|
|1/4 cup chopped onions|
|2 tablespoons butter|
|4 dashes ground black pepper|
|3 dashes salt|
|3 cups premade chili ((with or without meat; with or without beans))|
|1/4 cup water ((for the chili if it’s too thick))|
|1 cup shredded cheddar cheese|
|4 slices avocado (optional for garnish)|
|1 green onion, thinly sliced or chopped (optional for garnish)|
- For the Tortilla Chips:
- For the Scrambled Eggs:
- For the Chilaquiles: