GREEK LEMON CHICKEN AND POTATOES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Chef John
Categories: Lemon Chicken
Total time: 1 hours 0 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
|4 pounds skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs|
|3 russet potatoes, peeled and quartered|
|½ cup fresh lemon juice|
|½ cup olive oil|
|6 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 tablespoon dried oregano|
|1 tablespoon kosher salt|
|1 teaspoon dried rosemary|
|1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper|
|1 pinch cayenne pepper|
|1 cup chicken broth, divided|
|1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano, or to taste|
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Lightly oil a large roasting pan.
- Place chicken and potatoes in a large bowl. Add lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, dried oregano, salt, rosemary, black pepper, and cayenne. Toss until chicken and potatoes are evenly coated.
- Place chicken pieces skin-side up in the prepared pan. Tuck potato pieces around chicken. Drizzle with 2/3 cup chicken broth. Spoon any remaining marinade from the bowl over chicken and potatoes.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Toss chicken and potatoes, then place chicken skin-side up again.
- Continue baking until chicken is browned and cooked through, about 25 minutes more; an instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should register 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter and keep warm; leave potatoes in the pan.
- Turn on the broiler, or set oven to highest heat. Toss potatoes again to coat in pan juices. Place the pan under the broiler and broil until potatoes are crisped, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer potatoes to the platter with chicken.
- Place the roasting pan on the stovetop over medium heat. Add the remaining 1/3 cup chicken broth and scrape up browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Strain pan juices over chicken and potatoes. Sprinkle with fresh oregano.
Calories 1138.8 calories, CarbohydrateContent 34.5 g, CholesterolContent 283.6 mg, FatContent 74.5 g, FiberContent 3 g, ProteinContent 80.4 g, SaturatedFatContent 17 g, SodiumContent 1865.5 mg, SugarContent 2 g
How to cook chicken and potatoes in the oven?
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line large baking sheet with aluminum foil. add cubed potatoes and chicken to sheet pan. Combine all marinade ingredients in a small bowl. add marinage to chicken and potatoes and toss. Arrange potatoes around chicken so chicken is laying directly on the sheet pan and not on top of the potatoes.
How to cook chicken thighs in oven?
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment-paper or a silicone baking sheet. Set aside. On a clean cutting board, blot the chicken thighs dry with a paper towel. Keeping skin intact, trim away any excess fat and skin. Season both sides of thighs with salt and pepper.
What do you put in baked chicken thighs with potatoes?
garlic powder, yellow bell peppers, freshly ground black pepper and 11 more Baked Chicken Thighs With PotatoesFood.com bone in chicken thighs, pepper, olive oil, salt, garlic powder and 3 more Baked Chicken Thighs with Root VegetablesHungry Hutch
How do you cook chicken thighs and potatoes in marinade?
Tender chicken thighs and crispy potatoes all tossed in a simple marinade to make one amazing and easy dinner! Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line large baking sheet with aluminum foil. add cubed potatoes and chicken to sheet pan. Combine all marinade ingredients in a small bowl. add marinage to chicken and potatoes and toss.