BUFFET RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
Provided by: Good Food team
|chicken, halloumi, greens, sausage, pastry, egg, fennel, chocolate, cherry, meringue, aubergine, beans, coriander, cheese, prawn, spinach, artichoke,|
HOMETOWN BUFFET FRIED CHICKEN (COPYCAT) RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 1 hours 30 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours
Yield: 8 chicken pieces, 4-6 serving(s)
|8 -10 pieces premium quality fresh chicken|
|salt & ground black pepper|
|4 beaten large eggs|
|2 tablespoons Lawry’s Seasoned Salt (use Lawry’s brand only)|
|1 tablespoon ground black pepper|
|1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal|
|2 teaspoons poultry seasoning|
|1/2 teaspoon garlic powder|
|1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper|
|1/4 teaspoon white pepper|
|1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour|
|1/4 cup cornstarch|
- SPRINKLE chicken pieces with salt and pepper; RUB seasonings into chicken; COAT chicken with pure vegetable shortening (this will help seal in the juices).
- MEASURE the BREADING ingredients — except flour and cornstarch -into a large sealable container or a large zip-lock bag; SEAL the container; SHAKE to blend; OPEN container and add 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour and 1/4 cup cornstarch; SEAL and shake again, until thoroughly combined.
- BEAT 4 large eggs in a medium bowl for the EGGWASH.
- DIP 1-2 pieces wet chicken at a time into the EGGWASH to coat.
- PLACE wet chicken into the BREADING mixture container; SEAL container firmly; SHAKE chicken gently in all motions to thoroughly coat chicken.
- TRANSFER chicken pieces onto a cooling rack when chicken is evenly and generously breaded; ALLOW chicken to rest and absorb the breading for a few minutes before frying.
- PREHEAT deep-fryer manufacturer’s recommended amount of canola oil; VERY SLOWLY heat oil in gradual increments to 315°F until preheated.
- ADD breaded chicken to the elevated fry basket in deep-fryer without crowding.
- LOWER the deep-frying basket with chicken very slowly into the hot oil; FRY chicken until golden and crisp, until fully cooked fully cooked and juices run clear (about 15-18 minutes, depending on chicken portion/size).
- DRAIN on a wire rack over a baking sheet. NOTE: To keep chicken warm before serving, place chicken on a rack-fitted baking sheet covered with a sheet of foil in preheated 170°F oven; SERVE and enjoy!
Calories 746.5, FatContent 35.6, SaturatedFatContent 10.3, CholesterolContent 336, SodiumContent 214.3, CarbohydrateContent 52.9, FiberContent 2.3, SugarContent 0.4, ProteinContent 49.6
CHINESE BUFFET BLACK PEPPER CHICKEN RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 2 serving(s)
|1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (or thighs)|
|6 tablespoons cornstarch (for dusting)|
|1 white onion, diced|
|1 cup frozen peas and carrot|
|oil (for frying)|
|1/4 cup oyster sauce|
|1 teaspoon soy sauce|
|1 teaspoon black pepper|
|1/2 teaspoon white pepper|
|1 teaspoon sake or 1 teaspoon rice wine|
- Mix together all of the sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Cut chicken into 1/2" cubes and dust pieces with cornstarch.
- Dry fry chicken in batches until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in pan and stir fry onion for a few minutes, then add the peas and carrots and stir fry for another few minutes.
- Add sauce mixture to the veggies and heat until warm, then add the chicken and fully coat with the sauce.
- Serve with rice.
- Enjoy and thank Bobby for this great recipe!
Calories 434.9, FatContent 6.4, SaturatedFatContent 1.4, CholesterolContent 145.3, SodiumContent 1494.4, CarbohydrateContent 40.2, FiberContent 4.1, SugarContent 2.4, ProteinContent 52.2