PERUVIAN CAUSA DE ATÚN RECIPE – AN APPETIZER WITH A STORY
|3 pounds floury potatoes|
|½ cup olive oil|
|3 ají amarillo chili peppers (very finely chopped)|
|Juice of two limes|
|Salt and pepper to taste|
|A few sprigs of chopped parsley|
|5 ounces canned or fresh tuna (1 can)|
|1/2 onion (chopped)|
|1 tablespoon of mayonnaise|
|1/2 avocado (sliced)|
|2 hardboiled eggs (chopped into cubes)|
|1 ají limo chili pepper (chopped finely, or another similar chili pepper)|
- Place the unpeeled potatoes in a large pot of cold water, adding 2 tablespoons of salt. Bring it to a boil and boil the potatoes until they’re cooked and soft. Strain and set aside to cool.
- When the potatoes have cooled sufficiently, remove the skin. Pass them through a potato ricer three times until the dough achieves a smooth and soft consistency. Add the olive oil, ají amarillo peppers, salt and pepper to taste and the sprigs of parsley. Knead the potato dough until you get a pliable and form texture
- To serve, use a greased 3-inch diameter mini-springform pan to help you put each individual causa together. Spread the potato dough on the base, about 1 inch high. Then place a layer of avocado slices, followed by a layer of the tuna filling, and finish your causa with another 1 inch layer of potato dough. Remove the springform and repeat 3 more times.
- Decorate each serving with chopped egg and ají limo chili pepper, and enjoy!
PERUVIAN CAUSA RELLENA RECIPE – BETTYCROCKER.COM
Provided by: Betty Crocker Kitchens
Total time: 1 hours 30 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
|5 lb Yukon Gold potatoes, cut in half, cooked and peeled|
|1/4 cup fresh lime juice|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper|
|2 tablespoons Peruvian yellow chiles (aji amarillo), cooked, mashed|
|2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast|
|1/2 cup frozen sweet peas, cooked|
|2 medium carrots, peeled, finely chopped, cooked slightly (about 3/4 cup)|
|2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion|
|2 tablespoons mayonnaise|
|1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley|
|1/2 cup kalamata olives|
|2 hard-cooked eggs, peeled, cut into wedges|
|Bibb lettuce leaves|
- Press potatoes through potato ricer, or mash until smooth. In large bowl, mix potatoes, lime juice, salt, pepper and chiles. In medium bowl, mix chicken, peas, carrots, onion and mayonnaise.
- Place half of potato mixture on large serving platter; form into rectangle shape about 11×7 inches. Spoon chicken mixture over potato mixture on platter; sprinkle with additional salt and pepper as desired. Top with remaining potato mixture, shaping into rectangle shape.
- Refrigerate 1 hour before serving. Garnish top of potato mixture with parsley, olives and chopped eggs. Arrange lettuce leaves around potato mixture. Cut into squares.
Calories 320 , CarbohydrateContent 53 g, CholesterolContent 60 mg, FatContent 0 , FiberContent 4 g, ProteinContent 14 g, SaturatedFatContent 1 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, SodiumContent 370 mg, SugarContent 3 g, TransFatContent 0 g
PERUVIAN CAUSA RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Amber Berrocal
Categories: Peruvian Recipes
Total time: 1 hours 30 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
|8 russet potatoes, peeled|
|½ cup vegetable oil, or as needed|
|2 tablespoons minced aji amarillo|
|salt and ground black pepper to taste|
|2 (5 ounce) cans tuna, drained|
|1 small red onion, diced small|
|½ cup mayonnaise, divided|
|2 avocados, cut into thin strips|
|3 hard-boiled eggs, thinly sliced|
- Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain.
- Mash potatoes with a ricer or hand mixer until smooth. Gradually stir in oil until potatoes come together; add aji amarillo, salt, and pepper. Cool potato mixture in the refrigerator, about 20 minutes.
- Stir tuna, onion, and 1/4 cup mayonnaise together in a bowl.
- Line a casserole dish with plastic wrap. Spread 1/2 the potato mixture on the bottom of the dish. Spread 2 tablespoons mayonnaise over the potatoes, spread the tuna mixture over the mayonnaise, and place the avocado slices in a single layer on top of the tuna mixture. Spread the remaining 1/2 of potato mixture over the avocados, and top with remaining 2 tablespoons mayonnaise. Place sliced eggs over the top. Cover casserole dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Invert casserole dish onto a serving dish or baking sheet to remove potato casserole from dish. Remove plastic wrap and cut casserole into squares.
Calories 533.2 calories, CarbohydrateContent 43.1 g, CholesterolContent 94.2 mg, FatContent 34.4 g, FiberContent 8.3 g, ProteinContent 15.9 g, SaturatedFatContent 5.6 g, SodiumContent 133.9 mg, SugarContent 2.8 g