SPICED ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH FETA AND GARLIC RECIPE – NYT …
Provided by: Alison Roman
Total time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|1 small head cauliflower|
|6 garlic cloves, smashed|
|3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for serving|
|2 teaspoons fennel or cumin seed|
|1 teaspoon ground turmeric|
|Pinch of red-pepper flakes|
|Kosher salt and ground pepper|
|1 ounce feta cheese, sliced or crumbled|
|¼ cup parsley, tender leaves and stems, coarsely chopped|
|¼ cup cilantro, mint or dill, tender leaves and stems, coarsely chopped|
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. Slice cauliflower lengthwise into ½-inch thick slices, including the core and leaves. (Some of the first slices will crumble and fall apart. This is O.K., and will be useful when you want those crispier bits.)
- Place cauliflower (slices and crumbles) and garlic on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with fennel seed, turmeric and red-pepper flakes, and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast, without disturbing, until cauliflower has turned a deep golden brown and crisped up in spots, 25 to 30 minutes. Using a spatula, flip the larger steaks and stir the smaller bits around and continue to roast until completely and evenly browned, another 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a large serving platter. Top with feta, herbs and a drizzle of olive oil.
@context http//schema.org, Calories 140, UnsaturatedFatContent 9 grams, CarbohydrateContent 7 grams, FatContent 12 grams, FiberContent 2 grams, ProteinContent 3 grams, SaturatedFatContent 3 grams, SodiumContent 220 milligrams, SugarContent 2 grams, TransFatContent 0 grams
CAULIFLOWER BAKED WITH TOMATOES AND FETA RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 1 hours 15 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours
Yield: 4-6 serving(s)
|3 tablespoons olive oil|
|1 onion, sliced|
|2 cloves garlic, crushed|
|6 tomatoes, seeded and chopped|
|1 pinch ground cinnamon|
|1 -2 teaspoon dried oregano|
|freshly ground black pepper|
|1 large cauliflower, cut in to florets|
|1 tablespoon lemon juice|
|3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled|
- Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in a heavy based fry pan and saute the onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes, or until the onion has softened.
- Add the tomatoes, cinnamon and oregano and season with the salt and pepper.
- Stir then simmer covered for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Add cauliflower to the tomato mixture, cover and simmer for a further 10 minutes, or until cauliflower is just tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Transfer mixture to a large shallow dish and drizzle over the remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil.
- Sprinkle over the lemon juice and crumbled feta.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the cauli is soft and cheese has melted.
Calories 249.6, FatContent 15.9, SaturatedFatContent 5, CholesterolContent 20.1, SodiumContent 325.9, CarbohydrateContent 22.1, FiberContent 7, SugarContent 11.1, ProteinContent 9.3