CANNED CHERRY TOMATOES – RECIPE | TASTYCRAZE.COM
Here is how you can Cherry Tomatoes for the winter, preserving their unique scent and taste batata harra recettes.
Provided by: Zoritsa
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
|cherry tomatoes – 2.2 lb (1 kg)|
|salt – 1 tsp per jar|
|black pepper – a few peppercorns|
|garlic – 2 cloves|
|water – 10 fl oz (300 ml)|
|[fresh herbs – optional]|
- For two small jars 13.5 fl oz (400 ml) each, you will need about 1 kg of cherry tomatoes.
- Add a tsp of salt at the bottom of each jar, a sliced garlic clove and a few pepper corns.
- Wash the cherry tomatoes and toss them into the jars, by squeezing jently, so you can fit them all in. You can add a little parsley, oregano , or basil if you wish.
- We chose to keep the authentic taste of the tomatoes and canned them without herbs, but next time we will try to add some.
- Pour about 5 fl oz (150 ml) of water into each jar and screw the lids on, tightly. Place the jars in a pot with water. Remember to put a cotton towel on the bottom of the pot, to prevent the jars from cracking.
- The water level should be at least two fingers above the lids.
- Bring to a boil and strilize the jars for 10 minutes.