CHICKEN & VEGETABLE SKILLET KABOBS + A SEASONED SPREAD – NIFTY …
|1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast tenderloins, cut into 1-2″ pieces|
|3 large bell peppers, cut into 1-2″ pieces|
|1 red onion, cut into 1-2″ pieces|
|15-20 grape tomatoes|
|3 tablespoons Land O Lakes® Soft Squeeze™ Spread|
|1 teaspoon chili powder|
|1 teaspoon dry basil|
|1 teaspoon black pepper|
|2 cloves minced garlic|
|salt, to taste|
- To make skewers: Rotate red onion and chicken pieces; tomatoes on another skewer; peppers and onions on another skewer.
- In a small mixing bowl, add Land O Lakes® Soft Squeeze™ Spread and mix in the chili powder, basil, garlic, and pepper.
- Brush the seasoned spread onto each skewer, covering all sides.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet (or non-stick pan) on med/high heat.
- Add skewers and cook for 4-6 mins (rotating every couple minutes), until vegetables are tender and the internal temperature of the chicken is 165°.
- Salt to taste.
- Remove from heat and serve.
SKEWERLESS STOVETOP KABOBS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings.
|1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 3/4-inch cubes|
|3/4 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing, divided|
|2 large green peppers, cut into 3/4-inch pieces|
|2 small zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices|
|1 large sweet onion, cut into wedges|
|1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms, halved|
|1 cup cherry tomatoes|
|1/4 teaspoon pepper|
|1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt|
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, cook pork over medium-high heat in 1/4 cup salad dressing until no longer pink. Remove from pan., In same pan, cook peppers, zucchini, onion, mushrooms, tomatoes, pepper and seasoned salt in remaining salad dressing until vegetables are tender. Return pork to skillet; heat through.
Calories 236 calories, FatContent 5g fat (2g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 65mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 757mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 22g carbohydrate (12g sugars, FiberContent 4g fiber), ProteinContent 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges 3 lean meat