ITALIAN RICOTTA COOKIES RECIPE – NYT COOKING
Provided by: Melissa Clark
Total time: 1 hours
Yield: About 6 dozen
|2 sticks (1 cup) plus 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened|
|425 grams sugar (about 2 cups)|
|1 3/4 cups ricotta cheese (15 ounces), preferably fresh|
|Finely grated zest of 1/2 lemon|
|4 teaspoons vanilla extract|
|2 large eggs|
|480 grams all-purpose flour (about 4 cups)|
|10 grams baking soda (2 teaspoons)|
|4 grams fine sea salt (about 3/4 teaspoon)|
|450 grams confectioners’ sugar (about 4 cups)|
|2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice|
|1/4 cup to 1/2 cup milk, as needed|
- Using an electric mixer, cream 2 sticks butter with sugar until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add ricotta, lemon zest and 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla and beat well. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Scrape the sides of the bowl down with a rubber spatula, then beat in flour, baking soda and salt. Cover dough and chill for at least 2 hours and up to a week.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and line several cookie sheets with parchment paper or nonstick liners. Shape tablespoons of dough into balls. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheets and bake until pale golden on the bottom, about 15 minutes. Let cool on wire racks.
- Melt remaining tablespoon butter. Whisk confectioners’ sugar to break up any large lumps, then whisk in melted butter, lemon juice, remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla and enough milk to make a spreadable icing. Spread icing on cooled cookies, then let set for at least 20 minutes before serving.
@context http//schema.org, Calories 110, UnsaturatedFatContent 1 gram, CarbohydrateContent 18 grams, FatContent 4 grams, FiberContent 0 grams, ProteinContent 2 grams, SaturatedFatContent 2 grams, SodiumContent 67 milligrams, SugarContent 12 grams, TransFatContent 0 grams
RICOTTA COOKIES II RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Sandy
Categories: Italian Cookies
Total time: 1 hours 50 minutes
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 8 dozen
|½ pound butter|
|1 ¾ cups white sugar|
|15 ounces ricotta cheese|
|2 tablespoons vanilla extract|
|4 cups all-purpose flour|
|1 teaspoon baking powder|
|1 teaspoon baking soda|
|5 tablespoons milk|
|1 ½ cups confectioners’ sugar|
|1 teaspoon almond extract|
|¼ cup colored candy sprinkles|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter, sugar, eggs, ricotta cheese, and vanilla extract. Combine the flour, baking powder, and baking soda; blend into the creamed mixture, mixing in additional flour as necessary to form a workable dough. Roll dough into teaspoon-sized balls, and arrange on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly browned.
- In a medium bowl, beat milk, confectioners’ sugar, and almond extract until smooth. Spoon over warm cookies, and sprinkle with colored candy sprinkles.
Calories 68.7 calories, CarbohydrateContent 10.2 g, CholesterolContent 10.4 mg, FatContent 2.5 g, FiberContent 0.1 g, ProteinContent 1.2 g, SaturatedFatContent 1.5 g, SodiumContent 39.3 mg, SugarContent 5.6 g
BEST ITALIAN RICOTTA COOKIES RECIPE – HOW TO MAKE RICOTTA COOKIES
Provided by: DELISH.COM
Total time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 0S
|2 c. all-purpose flour|
|1 1/2 tsp. baking powder|
|1/2 tsp. kosher salt|
|1/4 c. (1/2 stick) butter, softened|
|1 c. granulated sugar|
|8 oz. ricotta|
|1 tsp. pure vanilla extract|
|1/2 tsp. almond extract (optional)|
|1 c. powdered sugar|
|2 tbsp. whole milk|
|1/4 tsp. almond extract (optional)|
- Make the cookies: Adjust an oven rack to center position and preheat the oven to 350°. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or in a large bowl with a hand mixer, cream together on medium speed the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in the ricotta, vanilla, almond extract, if using, and egg and continue to mix until smooth. (The batter will be quite wet.)
- Add the dry ingredients and mix just to combine.
- Portion the dough into approximately 1½ tablespoon portions (or use a medium cookie scoop) onto the parchment spaced 2” apart. Bake for 15 minutes. (The tops will remain pale while the bottoms turn golden brown.) Cool the cookies on a wire rack with parchment paper underneath.
- Make the icing: Whisk together the powdered sugar and milk until smooth. Whisk in the almond extract, if using. Spoon the icing over the cookies, and top with sprinkles while the icing is still wet.