BLACK PEPPER BEEF AND CELERY STIR-FRY RECIPE | BON APPÉTIT
Provided by: Andy Baraghani
Yield: 4 Servings
|3 garlic cloves, finely grated|
|2 tsp. finely grated ginger|
|2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper|
|1 tsp. toasted sesame oil|
|2 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided|
|1 lb. sirloin steak, thinly sliced crosswise|
|5 celery stalks, sliced on a diagonal ¼” thick, plus 1 cup leaves|
|4 scallions, cut crosswise into 1½”–2″ pieces|
|2 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce|
|1 Tbsp. unseasoned rice vinegar|
|1 Tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into pieces|
|Cooked rice (for serving)|
- Whisk garlic, ginger, pepper, sesame oil, and 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil in a medium bowl. Add beef, season with salt, and toss to coat.
- Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in a large cast-iron skillet over high. Wait until you see some wisps of smoke—if it’s not hot enough, the meat will steam instead of getting deeply browned—then, working in batches if needed, arrange steak in skillet in an even layer (it’s okay to crowd it a bit) and cook, pressing down on pieces to ensure good contact with the pan, until brown around the edges, about 1 minute. Turn steak over and add sliced celery and scallions. Cook, tossing often, until celery is slightly tender but still has some good crunch and scallions are lightly charred, about 2 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and add soy sauce, vinegar, butter, and 3 Tbsp. water. Toss, until butter is melted and sauce coats steak (still off heat). Add celery leaves and toss until slightly wilted. Season with more salt if needed.
- Divide rice among bowls and top with beef stir-fry.
SKILLET BEEF AND CELERY RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Vicki Haddy
Categories: Main Dishes
Total time: 1 hours 15 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
|4 tablespoons vegetable oil|
|2 onions, peeled and chopped|
|2 cups thinly sliced celery|
|1 ½ pounds beef chuck, trimmed and cut into thin 1 inch slices|
|½ teaspoon salt|
|½ teaspoon ground black pepper|
|2 tablespoons soy sauce|
|1 cup water|
|2 teaspoons cornstarch|
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium heat. Slowly cook and stir onions and celery until golden brown; remove from heat and set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Place beef slices in the skillet and heat until well browned. Stir in salt, pepper, soy sauce and water.
- Cover and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes. Return the onion and celery mixture to the skillet and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the water and cornstarch. Pour the mixture into skillet. Stirring constantly, heat until thickened.
Calories 374.9 calories, CarbohydrateContent 6.3 g, CholesterolContent 80.5 mg, FatContent 29.5 g, FiberContent 1.2 g, ProteinContent 20.7 g, SaturatedFatContent 9.7 g, SodiumContent 601.6 mg, SugarContent 2.2 g
CUMIN-SCENTED STIR-FRIED BEEF WITH CELERY RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
Provided by: Lillian Chou
Total time: 15 min
Cook time: 15 min
Yield: Makes 1 serving
|6 ounce steak such as blade or flank (trim any fat and gristle)|
|2 1/2 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided|
|1/2 teaspoon cornstarch, divided|
|2 tablespoon Chinese rice wine or medium-dry Sherry|
|2 teaspoon vegetable oil, divided|
|1/2 teaspoon minced peeled ginger|
|1/2 teaspoon minced garlic|
|1/8 teaspoon cumin seeds|
|1/8 teaspoon hot red-pepper flakes|
|2 celery ribs, sliced diagonally 1/4 inch thick, leaves chopped and reserved separately|
|Equipment: a well-seasoned 12- to 14-inch flat-bottomed wok or a 12-inch heavy skillet|
- Halve steak lengthwise if large. Slice across the grain about 1/8 inch thick.
- Toss beef with 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce, 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch, and a pinch of salt.
- Stir together rice wine, remaining 2 teaspoon soy sauce, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch.
- Heat wok over high heat until smoking, then pour 1 teaspoon oil down side and swirl to coat. Add beef in 1 layer and cook, turning occasionally, until browned, less than 1 minute. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add remaining teaspoon oil to wok, then add ginger, garlic, cumin, and red-pepper flakes and stir-fry 15 seconds. Add celery and stir-fry 1 minute, then add beef and juices and stir-fry 15 seconds. Stir rice-wine mixture, then pour into wok and stir-fry until sauce is bubbling, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat and stir in celery leaves.
How to cook beef stew meat with celery?
Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil in a wok or skillet. When the oil is hot, add the celery and the salt. Stir-fry the celery until it begins to turn a brighter green (about 1 minute). Add the sauce and bring to a boil. Add the beef back into the pan. Stir-fry for 1 – 2 more minutes to blend the flavors. Serve hot.
How do you cook beef and celery stir fry?
Let sear briefly, then stir-fry the beef until it is no longer pink. Remove and drain in a colander or on paper towels. Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil in a wok or skillet. When the oil is hot, add the celery and the salt. Stir-fry the celery until it begins to turn a brighter green (about 1 minute). Add the sauce and bring to a boil.
How to cook celery and celery sauce?
Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil in a wok or skillet. When the oil is hot, add the celery and the salt. Stir-fry the celery until it begins to turn a brighter green (about 1 minute). Add the sauce and bring to a boil.
How do you cook celery in a wok?
Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil in a wok or skillet. When the oil is hot, add the celery and the salt. Stir-fry the celery until it begins to turn a brighter green (about 1 minute).