STEAK WITH ONION AND BAY LEAVES RECIPE | BON APPÉTIT
|2 1-inch-thick boneless rib-eye steaks, excess fat trimmed|
|2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided|
|8 fresh bay leaves|
|1 large white onion, sliced into ½-inch-thick rounds|
|¼ cup fresh lemon juice|
|¼ cup soy sauce|
- Slice steaks in half lengthwise. Following natural seams in meat, cut each half into 2–3 pieces and set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium. Add bay leaves; cook until beginning to brown around the edges, about 1 minute. Add onion and ½ cup water. Cover skillet (use a baking sheet if you don’t have a lid) and cook until onion is partly tender; it should have lost its raw bite but still have some crunch, about 5 minutes. Transfer onion and bay leaves to a plate with a slotted spatula or tongs.
- Increase heat to medium-high and bring remaining liquid in skillet to a boil. Cook until only 2 Tbsp. remains. Scrape into a small bowl and stir in lemon juice and soy sauce. Set sauce aside.
- Wipe out skillet and heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in skillet over medium-high. Season reserved meat with salt. Working in batches, cook meat undisturbed until dark brown, about 2 minutes. Turn and cook until second side is lightly browned, about 45 seconds. Transfer to a platter.
- Reduce heat to medium (let skillet cool a little if it is very hot) and cook reserved sauce in skillet just to let flavors meld, about 1 minute. Add 1–2 Tbsp. water if sauce is too concentrated. Pour over meat and top with onion and bay leaves.
ROASTED POTATOES WITH BAY LEAVES – FOOD FANATIC
Total time: 1 hours 10 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 55 minutes
|8 large potatoes|
|1/2 cup olive oil|
|20 bay leafs|
|1 tablespoon sea salt|
|2 teaspoons dried italian herbs|
|1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper|
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Clean potatoes and rinse them well, then pat them to dry. For slightly crispy potatoes, do not peel them. Chop and quarter potates into roughly 1 to 1-1/2" chunks. Drizzle the potatoes with olive oil and toss to coat well. Finely chop fresh bay leaves. Add to the mixing bowl with the potatoes, then add the dried Italian herbs. Season with the sea salt and black pepper, then toss again to coat. Spread potatoes in a single layer out over a baking sheet. Roast the potatoes for 45 to 55 minutes until they are tender. Preheat boiler. Broil for an additional 3 to 4 minutes until edges are slightly crispy, watching to make sure they don't burn.
ServingSize , Calories 757 calories, FatContent 27 g, CarbohydrateContent 114 g, FiberContent 16 g, ProteinContent 12 g, SaturatedFatContent 4 g, SodiumContent 45 mg, SugarContent 8 g
SPANISH CHICKEN WITH GARLIC AND BAY LEAVES | HEALTHY RECIPE | WW …
Provided by: WEIGHTWATCHERS.COM
Total time: 85 minutes
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|480 g Skinless chicken thigh cutlets (Buy 4x150g)|
|1 medium Brown onion chopped|
|8 clove(s) Garlic|
|1.5 tsp Smoked paprika|
|0.5 tsp Dried chilli flakes|
|0.75 cup(s) Salt reduced chicken stock (185ml)|
|0.25 cup(s) Sherry, dry (60ml)|
|16 individual Black olives, drained spanish|
|250 g Cherry tomatoes turss, cut from vine|
|16 whole Fresh bay leaf|
|500 g Baby potato|
|3 x 3 second spray(s) Oil spray|
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan-forced. Lightly spray chicken with oil and season with salt and pepper. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook chicken, turning, for 8 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a baking dish.
- Cook onion and garlic in same pan, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add paprika and chilli and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add stock and sherry and bring to the boil. Pour stock mixture over chicken in dish. Arrange olives, tomatoes and half the bay leaves around chicken. Bake for 45 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, using a small knife, make a small deep cut into each potato. Insert remaining bay leaves into potatoes. Place potatoes on a baking tray. Lightly spray with oil and bake with chicken for 40 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Serve Spanish chicken with potatoes.
Calories 151 kcal
CARROTS SAUTÉED IN BAY LEAF RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 18 minutes
Prep time: 3 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 1-2 serving(s)
|1 cup diagonally sliced carrot|
|1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil|
|6 dried bay leaves or 3 -4 fresh bay leaves|
|2 tablespoons water|
|salt (light hand)|
|cracked black pepper|
- Add oil to large non stick skillet. Swirl to coat.
- Add Bay Leaves to infuse the oil.
- Add carrots and water.
- Partially cover the pan and cook for 10 minutes until carrots are almost tender
- Add salt and pepper to taste, increase heat to medium-high and cook for approximately 4 minutes, until carrots are tender and lightly browned.
- Stir frequently.
- These directions are so easy, they can be adjusted for time, amount of bay leaves, etc.
- I have also used with sage and rosemary. All variations are delicious!
- If you like a softer carrot, cook longer, shorter time for more crunch.
Calories 2049.8, FatContent 64, SaturatedFatContent 15.6, CholesterolContent 0, SodiumContent 227.5, CarbohydrateContent 462.1, FiberContent 161.4, SugarContent 6.1, ProteinContent 46.9