BANANA DOUGHNUTS | TASTEMADE
|Extra-ripe bananas, as needed|
|All-purpose flour, as needed|
|1 teaspoon baking powder|
|Pinch of salt|
|Oil, for frying|
- Heat oil in a deep-sided pot.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas with a fork (or hands), then add flour (a little less than one part flour to one part banana).
- Continue to mix until mixture resembles thick pancake batter, adding more flour if needed.
- Mix in baking powder and salt.
- Using an ice cream scoop, add balls of banana mixture to the hot oil. Fry until golden brown, flipping over for even browning.
- Using the mesh strainer, remove from the oil, and drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar over the top, and enjoy!