BAJA BREAKFAST BURRITO | RED SUN FARMS
Provided by: Red Sun Farms
|1 Tbsp. olive oil|
|½ cup Red Sun Farms® grown bell peppers, seeded, diced|
|½ cup onions, diced|
|1 cup black beans, drained, rinsed|
|½ cup Red Sun Farms® tomatoes, diced|
|1 cup fresh spinach|
|1 cup salsa|
|6 large eggs, scrambled, cooked until firm|
|4 whole wheat tortillas|
|½ avocado, sliced|
|12 Red Sun Farms® cucumber slices|
BURRITO ULTIMO RECIPE – FOOD.COM
This recipe is also good since it serves 8-10 with only 1lb of meat! You can use either ground turkey as we do or ground beef, doesn’t really matter.
Hope you like this as much as we do.
Total time: 1 hours
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Yield: 10 burritos, 8-10 serving(s)
|1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey|
|1/4 large white onion, diced|
|2 -3 garlic cloves, smashed and minced|
|1 tablespoon chili powder|
|1 teaspoon cumin|
|1 (8 ounce) can jalapenos, sliced (reserve liquid)|
|1 cup of uncooked long-grain rice|
|1 1/2 cups beef broth|
|1 teaspoon chili powder|
|1 teaspoon garlic powder|
|salt, to taste|
|2 (14 ounce) cans refried beans|
|10 -15 large flour tortillas|
|remaining sliced jalapeno|
|salsa (I like ( Green Salsa, Jalisco Style )|
- Saute diced onions over medium-high heat until soft, add meat.
- Cook meat until nearly done, add minced garlic and turn down the heat to medium-low.
- When all the meat is cooked add half of the can of jalapenos including all of the reserved liquid. (Keep meat warm while you finish the rice and beans.).
- Cook rice according instructions on the bag except where it calls for water add broth instead.
- Heat up the beans on the stove or in the microwave. (If you are using the stove add some water to the beans so they do not dry and stick to the bottom of the pan, heat over medium heat for about 5 minutes) Place hot beans into a serving bowl, cover and keep warm.
- Wrap all tortillas tightly in between two sheets of aluminum foil, place in oven and turn oven on to 350°F
- Once tortillas are warm (about 10 minutes) the rice should also be done.
- Add spices into the rice and mix gently together.
- Place a little meat, beans, rice and your choice of toppings into each tortilla.
- Fold bottom edge up and then both sides. Enjoy!
Calories 761.6, FatContent 21.3, SaturatedFatContent 6.6, CholesterolContent 38.6, SodiumContent 1581.6, CarbohydrateContent 110.4, FiberContent 11.2, SugarContent 4.7, ProteinContent 30.5
BAJA FISH BURRITO
Provided by: Bruce and Dina Miller