BRIE, BACON AND BASIL PASTA
|10 oz pasta|
|1/2 cup pasta water – reserved|
|4 pieces think sliced bacon|
|1/2 yellow onion (thinly sliced)|
|2 cloves garlic (minced)|
|1/2 lb brie (cut into cubes)|
|10-15 basil leaves (cut into a chiffonade)|
|Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste|
|lemon juice to taste|
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and the cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water before draining, then drain the pasta and set it aside.
- Place the bacon in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat and cook the bacon on both sides until brown and crispy. Remove the bacon from the skillet and set it to cool on a paper towel lined plate. Once the bacon is cool, break it into bite sized pieces.
- Add the thinly sliced onion into the cast iron skillet with the bacon grease and saute over medium high heat until the onions are caramelized, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and toss for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the cubed brie into the cast iron skillet along with ½ cup of the reserved pasta water and a few squeezes of lemon juice. Stir constantly until the cheese is melted and then add the cooked pasta to the mixture and toss to combine. Add the bacon and basil and season with salt and pepper as needed. Serve immediately.
BEST MAPLE BACON BAKED BRIE RECIPE-HOW TO MAKE MAPLE BACON …
maple, bacon, cheese, appetizers, brie
Provided by: DELISH.COM
Total time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 0S
Cook time: 0S
|8 slices bacon, chopped|
|1/4 c. maple syrup|
|1 sheet puff pastry, defrosted|
|1 wheel Brie|
|Egg wash, for pastry|
|2 tbsp. pecans|
|Bread, for serving|
- Preheat oven to 400º. In a small skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy, 8 minutes. Drain fat. Add maple syrup to skillet and stir until combined.
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, roll out puff pastry. Place brie on top and top with all but 1 or 2 tablespoons of maple-bacon mixture. Fold up each corner of puff pastry, brushing each with corner with egg wash.
- Top with pecans and remaining maple-bacon mixture.
- Bake until puff pastry is golden (cover with foil if too dark).
- Serve immediately with bread.