AVOCADO AND THREE BEAN SALAD + VIDEO
Provided by: Cathy
Categories: Side Dish
Total time: 15 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
|1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed|
|1 (15 oz) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed|
|1 (15 oz) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed|
|1 (15 oz) can whole kernal corn, drained|
|1 large orange or red bell pepper, diced|
|12 grape or cherry tomatoes, halved|
|1 bunch cilantro, chopped|
|2 large avocados, peeled, pitted and diced|
|juice of 2 limes|
|1/3 cup olive oil|
|salt and pepper to taste|
|2 cloves garlic, mashed or finely diced|
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
- Note: After cutting up my avocado I tossed it in the lime juice then added the avocado and the juice to the salad. This will help with the avocado not turning brown before serving.
ServingSize 1 g, Calories 358 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 41.1 g, ProteinContent 10.3 g, FatContent 18 g, SaturatedFatContent 2.1 g, SodiumContent 448.2 mg, FiberContent 13.6 g, SugarContent 7 g, UnsaturatedFatContent 7.7 g
PINTO, BLACK, & RED BEAN SALAD & GRILLED CORN & AVOCADO RECIPE …
Provided by: David Bonom
Total time: 42 minutes
Yield: Serves 12 (serving size: 2/3 cup)
|1 cup halved heirloom grape or cherry tomatoes|
|1 teaspoon salt, divided|
|3 ears shucked corn|
|1 medium white onion, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices|
|1 jalapeño pepper|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro|
|⅓ cup fresh lime juice|
|1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added pinto beans, rinsed and drained|
|1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained|
|1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added kidney beans, rinsed and drained|
|2 diced peeled avocados|
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Place the tomatoes in a large bowl, and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Brush corn, onion, and jalapeño evenly with oil. Place vegetables on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill corn for 12 minutes or until lightly charred, turning after 6 minutes. Grill onion slices and jalapeño 8 minutes or until lightly charred, turning after 4 minutes. Let vegetables stand 5 minutes. Cut kernels from cobs. Coarsely chop onion. Finely chop jalapeño; discard stem. Add corn, onion, and jalapeño to tomato mixture; toss well. Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, cilantro, and next 4 ingredients (through kidney beans) to corn mixture; toss well. Top with avocado.
Calories 141 calories, CarbohydrateContent 18.2 g, FatContent 6.4 g, FiberContent 6.8 g, ProteinContent 5 g, SaturatedFatContent 0.9 g, SodiumContent 211 mg