BEST SAUSAGE STUFFING RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: MOMMY5
Categories: Sausage Stuffing and Dressing
Total time: 40 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
|1 pound breakfast sausage|
|¾ cup melted margarine, or as needed|
|1 ½ cups chopped celery|
|¾ cup finely diced onion|
|8 cups soft bread cubes, divided|
|1 tablespoon poultry seasoning|
|¼ teaspoon ground black pepper|
- Cook and stir sausage in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Remove sausage from the skillet with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Pour pan drippings into a liquid measure. Add as much melted margarine as needed to measure 1 cup; pour back into the skillet and place over medium heat.
- Add celery and onion to the skillet; cook and stir until onion is tender but not browned, about 10 minutes. Add 1/3 of the bread cubes and stir to moisten.
- Transfer bread and onion mixture to a large bowl. Add sausage, remaining bread cubes, poultry seasoning, and pepper; stir until well combined, using caution as it will be hot.
- Bake as desired.
Calories 325.1 calories, CarbohydrateContent 13.5 g, CholesterolContent 27 mg, FatContent 26.9 g, FiberContent 1 g, ProteinContent 6.9 g, SaturatedFatContent 7.5 g, SodiumContent 512.3 mg, SugarContent 1.8 g
SAUSAGE AND HERB STUFFING RECIPE | INA GARTEN | FOOD NETWORK
Provided by: Ina Garten Bio & Top Recipes
Total time: 1 hours 22 minutes
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 57 minutes
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
|16 cups 1-inch bread cubes, white or sourdough (1 1/2 pound loaf)|
|8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter|
|2 cups medium-diced yellow onion (2 onions)|
|1 cup medium-diced celery (2 stalks)|
|2 Granny Smith apples, unpeeled, cored and large-diced|
|2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley|
|1 tablespoon kosher salt|
|1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper|
|3/4 pound sweet or spicy Italian sausage, casings removed|
|1 cup chicken stock|
|1 cup dried cranberries|
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Place the bread cubes in a single layer on a sheet pan and bake for 7 minutes. Raise the oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Remove the bread cubes to a very large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a large saute pan, melt the butter and add the onions, celery, apples, parsley, salt and pepper. Saute over medium heat for 10 minutes, until the vegetables are softened. Add to the bread cubes.
- In the same saute pan, cook the sausage over medium heat for about 10 minutes, until browned and cooked through, breaking up the sausage with a fork while cooking. Add to the bread cubes and vegetables.
- Add the chicken stock and cranberries to the mixture, mix well, and pour into a 9 by 12-inch baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes, until browned on top and hot in the middle. Serve warm.