BLUEBERRY ALMOND OVERNIGHT FRENCH TOAST | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Almond Breeze
Categories: Almond Breeze
Total time: 9 hours 15 minutes
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
|1 tablespoon butter|
|10 ounces Hawaiian sweet rolls|
|1 ½ cups fresh blueberries|
|½ cup butter|
|3 cups Almond Breeze Vanilla, Hint of Honey, or Vanilla Cashew blend almondmilk|
|⅔ cup sugar|
|1 teaspoon almond extract|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|4 eggs, well beaten|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spread 1 tablespoon butter onto the bottom and sides of an 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
- Cut each roll into 3 slices (you should have 10 cups, loosely measured). Place on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Sprinkle some of the blueberries into the dish and arrange roll slices in rows. Sprinkle with remaining blueberries, tucking some between the roll slices.
- Melt remaining butter and whisk together with Almond Breeze, sugar, extracts, and eggs. Pour over bread, then cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove French toast from refrigerator and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until firm when the dish is gently tapped. Serve warm, dusted with powdered sugar.
ALMOND FRENCH TOAST HEARTS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 3 servings.
|6 slices bread|
|1/4 cup milk|
|1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract, divided|
|2 tablespoons plus 1 cup butter, divided|
|3 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar|
|Additional confectioners’ sugar|
|Sliced fresh strawberries, optional|
- Cut out bread slices with a 3-3/4-in. heart-shaped cookie cutter; discard trimmings. , In a shallow bowl, combine the eggs, milk and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract. Dip bread on both sides in egg mixture. In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Cook bread hearts for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown., For almond butter, in a small bowl, combine confectioners’ sugar and remaining butter and extract; mix well. Spread 1 teaspoon over each slice of French toast (save remainder for another use). Sprinkle with additional confectioners’ sugar and serve with strawberries, if desired.
Calories 360 calories, FatContent 21g fat (12g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 167mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 462mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 31g carbohydrate (5g sugars, FiberContent 2g fiber), ProteinContent 10g protein.
ALMOND FRENCH TOAST | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: The Princess
Categories: French Toast
Total time: 1 hours 50 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
|1 cup slivered almonds|
|1 cup milk|
|3 tablespoons all-purpose flour|
|¼ teaspoon salt|
|½ teaspoon baking powder|
|½ teaspoon almond extract|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|12 thick slices French bread|
|3 tablespoons canola oil|
|3 tablespoons butter|
|confectioners’ sugar for dusting|
- Place almonds in a small saucepan over low heat. Tossing frequently, toast until lightly browned, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, flour, salt, baking powder, almond extract and vanilla extract. Soak bread slices in the mixture until saturated. Place slices in a shallow pan. Refrigerate slices approximately 1 hour.
- Heat canola oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. One at a time, press one side of soaked bread slices in the almonds to coat. Fry bread slices on both sides until golden brown. Dust with confectioner’s sugar before serving,
Calories 525.4 calories, CarbohydrateContent 49.4 g, CholesterolContent 111.5 mg, FatContent 29.4 g, FiberContent 4.6 g, ProteinContent 18.2 g, SaturatedFatContent 6.7 g, SodiumContent 674.8 mg, SugarContent 5.1 g
How to make almonds filling?
How to Make the Almonds Filling: If using whole almonds: combine 1/2 cup sugar, 2/3 cup almonds and 1/8 tsp salt in the bowl of a food processor, and pulse until finely ground. If using almond meal or almond flour: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, combine 1/2 cup sugar, 1 cup almond meal and 1/8 tsp salt.
How to bake almonds and almond cream?
Place the top halves on and spread about 1 Tbsp of almond filling over the top. Sprinkle with sliced almonds. Bake on the center rack for 15 to 18 minutes,or until the cream is golden. Transfer to a wire rack and cool to room temperature or just warm. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
How to bake almonds on the grill?
Place almonds in a small saucepan over low heat. Tossing frequently, toast until lightly browned, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat, and set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, flour, salt, baking powder, almond extract and vanilla extract. Soak bread slices in the mixture until saturated.
How do you make almonds toast?
Place almonds in a small saucepan over low heat. Tossing frequently, toast until lightly browned, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat, and set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, flour, salt, baking powder, almond extract and vanilla extract. Soak bread slices in the mixture until saturated. Place slices in a shallow pan.